INSAM News Collection
All the INSAM news
Grouped under “NEWS”, there first is "”, where you will find hot items of interest that have recently come up. Subsequently there is a section "News and Highlights" for which you can submit information on agrometeorological issues, happenings and other news in agrometeorology. [Send items you might have to the Web Editor.] Under "Meetings, Congresses, Conferences & Training" information is provided on such forthcoming events. This may include courses that are given annually and they should be announced annually. [Send items for inclusion to the Web Editor well in advance, as early as possible.] The "Call for papers" speaks for itself [Idem.] Under “Vacancies” you will find information on employment possibilities for agrometeorologists. [Again, send items for inclusion to the Web Editor well in advance, as early as possible.]
All the INSAM news
- New renewable energy law to allow conversion of farmland in Japan to wind farmers — Last modified April 24, 2014 09:27
- Takumi Nemoto, Minister of Reconstruction, announced at a press conference on December 20, 2013, the government's intention to allow the conversion of agricultural land to wind farm use, based on the newly enacted Act on Promotion of Generating Renewable Energy Harmonized with Healthy Development of Agriculture, Forestry and Fishery.
- Vacancy: Postdoctoral Research Fellowship at the University of Cape Town (South Africa) — Last modified April 23, 2014 09:57
- VACANCY: Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Climate Change Vulnerability, Adaptation & Governance
- Vacancy: Two Fellowships at the University of Cape Town (South Africa) — Last modified April 23, 2014 09:55
- VACANCY: Two Fellowships in Climate Change Projections and Scenarios
- Whole farm quantification of GHG emissions within smallholder farms in developing countries — Last modified April 16, 2014 08:38
- Environmental Research Letters Volume 9 Number 3. Whole farm quantification of GHG emissions within smallholder farms in developing countries. Focus on Improving Quantification of Agricultural Greenhouse Gases.
- Influence of management and environment on Australian wheat: information for sustainable intensification and closing yield gaps — Last modified April 14, 2014 08:58
- Environmental Research Letters Volume 9 Number 4. Influence of management and environment on Australian wheat: information for sustainable intensification and closing yield gaps. By B A Bryan, D King and G Zhao.
- Vacancy: Summer Internships at Oregon State University (USA) — Last modified April 09, 2014 08:42
- The Oregon Climate Change Research Institute at OSU offers summer internships for up to three students in Corvallis.
- Japanese Researchers Develop Man-Made Leaves that Harvest Light — Last modified April 09, 2014 08:40
- The Tokyo Institute of Technology (Tokyo Tech) announced on January 9, 2014, success in developing man-made leaves to harvest light, jointly with Toyota Central R&D Labs. This success will lead to realization of artificial photosynthesis, with an efficiency of converting solar energy to chemical energy comparable to that of natural photosynthesis.
- Vacancy: Crop Production intern (6 months +) - BTG Pactual — Last modified April 03, 2014 13:49
- BTG Pactual is the leading Investment Bank in Latin America, with 30 years experience in Brazilian and international markets, and currently 2,500 employees spread across 12 offices in Latin American countries (Brazil, Chile, Peru and Colombia), in addition to the US, the UK and China.
- Present environment and sustainable development — Last modified April 03, 2014 13:36
- We are pleased to invite you to participate to the ninth edition of the International Symposium „Present environment and sustainable development”,which will take place at the Geography and Geology Faculty of the ”Al. I. Cuza” University, Iaşi, from6 to 8 June 2014.
- Climate change adaptation in agriculture and natural resource management (Fellowship opportunity) — Last modified April 02, 2014 07:51
- Without appropriate responses, climate change is likely to constrain economic development and poverty reduction efforts. But if you plan for it, adaptation to climate change is possible. Well-designed strategies, based on climate-smart approaches, can offer ways out.