INSAM News Collection
All the INSAM news
Grouped under “NEWS”, there first is "”, where you will find hot items of interest that have recently come up. Subsequently there is a section "News and Highlights" for which you can submit information on agrometeorological issues, happenings and other news in agrometeorology. [Send items you might have to the Web Editor.] Under "Meetings, Congresses, Conferences & Training" information is provided on such forthcoming events. This may include courses that are given annually and they should be announced annually. [Send items for inclusion to the Web Editor well in advance, as early as possible.] The "Call for papers" speaks for itself [Idem.] Under “Vacancies” you will find information on employment possibilities for agrometeorologists. [Again, send items for inclusion to the Web Editor well in advance, as early as possible.]
All the INSAM news
- Call for Papers: "Large Scale Field Experimentation and Networks" at AGU (USA) — Last modified June 23, 2015 09:12
- We would like to encourage you to submit an abstract for Large Scale Field Experimentation and Networks session at the upcoming AGU Fall meeting.
- Call for Papers: "Intraseasonal to decadal climate variability, prediction, & predictability associated with land-atmosphere interactions" at AGU (USA) — Last modified June 23, 2015 09:12
- We would like to invite you to attend and consider submitting your abstract to the following session at the 2015 AGU Fall Meeting, which will be held in San Francisco,14 -18 December 2015.
- Announcement: Postdoctoral and Graduate studies Fellowships Competition — Last modified June 23, 2015 09:09
- We are pleased to provide you with information on competitions for the 2015-16 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships and Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships – Canada’s most prestigious and highest valued awards for postdoctoral researchers and doctoral students today.
- Climate Change Job Vacancies Update - 10 June 2015 — Last modified June 15, 2015 10:21
- Climate Change Job Vacancies Update - 10 June 2015
- New in Journal Science: A Guidebook for Ecosystem Services — Last modified May 22, 2015 08:19
- A team of investors, development organizations, conservationists, economists, and ecologists have published in the journal Science six natural science principles to ensure success of Payments for Ecosystem Services, mechanisms that have helped preserve carbon stocks stored in Madagascar's rainforests, maintain wildlife populations important for tourism in Tanzania, and protect watersheds in France by working with local farmers.
- Modern irrigation systems boost carbon emissions — Last modified May 22, 2015 08:17
- As water scarcity increases in the Mediterranean, there is pressure on the agriculture industry to reduce water losses, improve efficiency and boost water productivity. In recent years, government-subsidized pressurized irrigation systems have replaced traditional low-efficiency surface irrigation schemes in many countries, in an attempt to minimize water losses and improve efficiency.
- Conservation buffers please the eye, protect the landscape — Last modified May 18, 2015 09:20
- Researchers know that adding natural buffers to the farm landscape can stop soil from vanishing. Now a scientist at Washington State University has found that more buffers are better, both for pleasing the eye and slowing erosion.
- Sweet apple leaves a bitter taste for farmers in the Valley — Last modified May 18, 2015 09:13
- In Srinagar, apples are no longer sweet for the farmers. Unprecedented hail storm coupled with untimely rains have wreaked havoc to the fruit orchards in Kashmir.
- Use seeds after chemical treatment, farmers told — Last modified April 28, 2015 13:06
- Deccan Herald. New Delhi, 24 April 2015
- Climate Change Job Vacancies Update - 15 April 2015 — Last modified April 20, 2015 09:56
- Climate Change Job Vacancies Update - 15 April 2015