Announcement: MSc in Climate Sciences studies programme at the Univ. of Bern (Switzerland)
MSc in Climate Sciences studies programme.
April 12, 2011 09:30 AM
December 31, 2011 09:30 AM
|Contact Name||Dr. Lorenz Martin|
|Add event to calendar||
4 semesters, 120 European (ECTS) credits
Graduate School of Climate Sciences
University of Bern, Switzerland
Registration deadline for autumn semester: 30 April 2011
Late registrations are accepted until 1 August 2011.
A tailor-made curriculum:
- 8 ECTS compulsory courses: basic knowledge and soft skills.
- 52 ECTS elective courses: create your own profile by combining courses and training in natural sciences, humanities, economics and law.
- 60 ECTS master thesis: research-oriented, in one of the associated research groups.
- Climate and Earth System Science
- Atmospheric Science
- Economics and Law
- Economic, Social and Environmental History
Requirements for admission:
- B.Sc. (180 ECTS, any discipline) or
- B.A. (180 ECTS, for specialisation in Economics and Environmental History only) or
- an equivalent or higher degree
The University of Bern is at the cutting edge of climate and climate impact research. Built on a long tradition, we offer outstanding educational and research facilities. The University of Bern hosts the Technical Support Unit of IPCC Working Group I and the Project Office of IGBP Past Global Changes (PAGES). The Master of Science in Climate Sciences programme is part of the Graduate School of Climate Sciences affiliated to the Oeschger Centre for Climate Change Research of the University of Bern.
Please visit our website for comprehensive information: http://www.climatestudies.unibe.ch/msc_programme/
Contact for all requests:
Dr. Lorenz Martin, studies director