Course on Tropical Rural Development (master university degree)
University of Florence is very glad to present the course on Tropical Rural Development (master university degree).
University of Florence is very glad to present the course on Tropical Rural Development (master university degree). It promotes research and professional training in the sectors of modern and sustainable agriculture, forestry and animal sciences, and identifies as preferential area of intervention the little and medium farms of the less industrialized areas of the globe. The Mission of the University course in Tropical Rural Development is the education and training of agronomists expert in the technical and scientific areas of food production, environmental conservation, rural development. Didactic activity will be performed through lessons, lab activities, seminars and mid-term exams fully taught in English. The Course has a normal duration of two years with 60 credits per year.
This graduate program is primarily designed for the training of operators (field and project and coordination levels), in the area of cooperation for rural development, environmental monitoring in tropical environment and international marketing of livestock, crop and forestry products. Potential employers are to identify between:
- non-governmental organizations (NGOs) working in development cooperation
- the national and transnational institutions active in agricultural cooperation and development
- the national and transnational institutions responsible for food safety in relation to international trade
- the companies operating in production and marketing of agricultural and zootechnical products in tropical climates
- national and international institutions operating in the field of agro-environmental research
For more information: http://www.unifi.it/clmtro/mdswitch.html.