INSAM News Collection
All the INSAM news
Grouped under “NEWS”, there first is "”, where you will find hot items of interest that have recently come up. Subsequently there is a section "News and Highlights" for which you can submit information on agrometeorological issues, happenings and other news in agrometeorology. [Send items you might have to the Web Editor.] Under "Meetings, Congresses, Conferences & Training" information is provided on such forthcoming events. This may include courses that are given annually and they should be announced annually. [Send items for inclusion to the Web Editor well in advance, as early as possible.] The "Call for papers" speaks for itself [Idem.] Under “Vacancies” you will find information on employment possibilities for agrometeorologists. [Again, send items for inclusion to the Web Editor well in advance, as early as possible.]
All the INSAM news
- Study suggests organic farming needs direction to be sustainable — Last modified November 26, 2015 09:36
- Large-scale organic farming operations, based on a review of almost a decade of data from 49 states, are not reducing greenhouse gas emissions, says a University of Oregon researcher.
- Oil palm deserves government attention in Brazil — Last modified November 26, 2015 09:35
- This content has been downloaded from IOPscience.
- Should abandoned croplands stay that way? — Last modified November 26, 2015 09:02
- After the collapse of the former Soviet Union in 1991, approximately 19 million hectares (Mha) of cropland, or 54%, were abandoned in Kazakhstan by the year 2000. Many people believe this land should be re-cultivated to increase the country's agricultural production and contribute to regional and global food security. But researchers from Germany, Denmark, the US and Kazakhstan instead want to see it used for conservation, preservation of ecosystem services and traditional extensive livestock grazing.
- A regional look at HANPP: human consumption is increasing, NPP is not — Last modified November 25, 2015 09:53
- Steven Running reckons the regional trend in analysis of human appropriation of net primary production (HANPP) can quantify increasing vulnerability of the local populations to any shortfall in NPP as demand approaches supply, providing an early warning system.
- Vacancy: Dynamic Vegetation Modeler at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (USA) — Last modified November 20, 2015 08:40
- Dynamic Vegetation Modeler - 81688. Organization: CE-Climate & Ecosystems
- Climate Change Job Vacancies Update - 18 November 2015 — Last modified November 19, 2015 13:19
- Climate Change Job Vacancies Update - 18 November 2015
- Vacancy: Tenure-track Faculty Position at the University of Idaho (USA) — Last modified November 19, 2015 13:16
- University of Idaho – Open Rank Tenure-Track Position in Physical or Human Dimensions of Climate Change
- Vacancy: Post-Doc Position at the University of California, Los Angeles (USA) — Last modified November 09, 2015 09:52
- The Department of Geography, University of California, Los Angeles seeks applicants for a post-doc position. A Ph.D. in atmospheric sciences, or a related discipline and experience with UNIX and FORTRAN are required.
- Vacancy: Two Postdoc Positions at Cornell University (USA) — Last modified November 09, 2015 09:45
- Two funded postdoctoral positions are available focusing on the quickly evolving area of interaction between the biogeochemistry of nitrogen cycle and climate.
- Climate Change Job Vacancies Update - 4 November 2015 — Last modified November 09, 2015 09:43
- Climate Change Job Vacancies Update - 4 November 2015