INSAM News Collection
All the INSAM news
Grouped under “NEWS”, there first is "”, where you will find hot items of interest that have recently come up. Subsequently there is a section "News and Highlights" for which you can submit information on agrometeorological issues, happenings and other news in agrometeorology. [Send items you might have to the Web Editor.] Under "Meetings, Congresses, Conferences & Training" information is provided on such forthcoming events. This may include courses that are given annually and they should be announced annually. [Send items for inclusion to the Web Editor well in advance, as early as possible.] The "Call for papers" speaks for itself [Idem.] Under “Vacancies” you will find information on employment possibilities for agrometeorologists. [Again, send items for inclusion to the Web Editor well in advance, as early as possible.]
All the INSAM news
- Call for Papers: "Education of climate change & environment protection specialists" at Ecosummit 2016 (France) — Last modified February 12, 2016 09:51
- We invite you to consider submitting an abstract to our session "0180. Education of climate change and environment protection specialists”.
- Vacancy: Postdoc Position at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (Sweden) — Last modified February 12, 2016 09:49
- We are seeking a highly motivated Postdoctoral Researcher with focus on Peatland carbon flux partitioning using an automated chamber system
- Causes and trends of water scarcity in food production — Last modified February 12, 2016 09:46
- Miina Porkka, Dieter Gerten, Sibyll Schaphoff, Stefan Siebert and MattiKummu. Environ. Res. Lett. 11 (2016) 015001.
- Boosting farm yields to restore habitats could create greenhouse gas ‘sink’ — Last modified February 12, 2016 09:29
- New study using UK data is first to show that raising farm yields and allowing ‘spared’ land to be reclaimed for woodlands and wetlands could offset greenhouse gas produced by farming industry to meet national target of 80% emissions reduction by 2050.
- InterMET Asia 2016 — Last modified February 10, 2016 08:54
- InterMET Asia 2016 is held annually in Singapore and 2016 will mark the third edition of the event since launch in 2014. It will take place from 16 – 18 March. The international exhibition and first two days of the conference will take place from 16 – 17 March at Marina Bay Sands Exhibition & Conference Centre.
- Vacancy: Masters in Climate Science at Maynooth University (Ireland) — Last modified February 08, 2016 10:35
- The MSc in Climate Change at Maynooth University in Ireland is now accepting applications. This one year full-time course commences in September and runs to end of July when students submit their dissertation.
- Vacancy: Service Climatologist/Drought Specialist with the Colorado Climate Center (USA) — Last modified February 08, 2016 10:33
- Service Climatologist/Drought Specialist Research Associate III The Colorado Climate Center is seeking an outstanding individual to collect, analyze, investigate, interpret and enthusiastically communicate the complex and highly variable climate of Colorado – including the status, hazard and risks associated with drought and climate variability – to the people of Colorado and beyond.
- Vacancy: PhD Studentship at the University of Sheffield (UK) — Last modified February 04, 2016 09:55
- We have a fully funded PhD studentship available in the Department of Geography, at the University of Sheffield, 'CLIMATE HISTORY OF THE INDIAN MONSOON 1750-1870'.
- Vacancy: Postdoctoral Researcher Vacancies with REACH at the University of Oxford (UK) — Last modified February 03, 2016 14:45
- The REACH team at Oxford University is advertising for five Postdoctoral Researchers and I wondered if you’d be interested in letting your subscribers know about the climate-related ones?
- Call for Papers: 13th International Meeting on Statistical Climatology (Canada) — Last modified January 27, 2016 11:16
- Will be held from June 6th to 10th, 2016 in Alberta, Canada.