INSAM News Collection
All the INSAM news
Grouped under “NEWS”, there first is "”, where you will find hot items of interest that have recently come up. Subsequently there is a section "News and Highlights" for which you can submit information on agrometeorological issues, happenings and other news in agrometeorology. [Send items you might have to the Web Editor.] Under "Meetings, Congresses, Conferences & Training" information is provided on such forthcoming events. This may include courses that are given annually and they should be announced annually. [Send items for inclusion to the Web Editor well in advance, as early as possible.] The "Call for papers" speaks for itself [Idem.] Under “Vacancies” you will find information on employment possibilities for agrometeorologists. [Again, send items for inclusion to the Web Editor well in advance, as early as possible.]
All the INSAM news
- Vacancy: Tenure-track Faculty Position at Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville (USA) — Last modified October 28, 2013 09:47
- The Department of Geography at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville invites applications for a tenure track position at the Assistant Professor level beginning in August of 2014. PhD at time of appointment is required. ABD candidates close to completion may be considered.
- International Swiss Climate Summer School (Switzerland) (Grindelwald, Switzerland , from August 31, 2014 09:00 to September 05, 2014 17:00) —
- 13th International Swiss Climate Summer School: "Linking land use, land cover, and climate". 31 August – 5 September 2014, Grindelwald, Switzerland.
- Three More Agricultural Sites in Japan Designated as GIAHS — Last modified October 09, 2013 11:33
- At the International Forum on Globally Important Agricultural Heritage Systems (GIAHS) held in Ishikawa Prefecture on May 29, 2013, three more sites in Japan were designated as GIAHS: Kakegawa in Shizuoka Prefecture, Aso in Kumamoto Prefecture, and Kunisaki in Oita Prefecture. This follows the designation in 2011 of Sado in Niigata Prefecture and Noto in Ishikawa Prefecture, resulting in five agricultural heritage systems in total in Japan.
- Vacancy: Tenure-track Faculty Position at the University of Kansas (USA) — Last modified October 03, 2013 11:03
- The Department of Geography at the University of Kansas invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in ecohydrology.
- NIAS identifies how legume protein NIN works. This may contribute to cutting nitrogen fertilizers — Last modified August 20, 2013 14:47
- The National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences (NIAS) in Japan announced on March 19, 2013, that it has determined the function of nodule inception (NIN), a protein that plays a key role in the formation of root nodules, which legumes require to use nitrogen gas from the atmosphere.
- Kanazawa university draws connection between honeybee losses and neonicotinoidpesticides — Last modified August 20, 2013 14:42
- Prof. Toshiro Yamada of the School of Natural System, College of Science and Engineering, Kanazawa University, presented a study on September 2, 2012, that drew a close connection between neonicotinoid pesticides and the mass fatality of honeybees, called colony collapse disorder (CCD).
- Call for Papers: Environmental Research Letters Special Issue on Wetland Ecosystem Carbon Dynamics — Last modified August 01, 2013 14:12
- You are invited to submit a paper to a special issue of Environmental Research Letters that focuses on Impact of Climate Change on Wetland Ecosystem Carbon Dynamics.
- Volunteers building 'Great forest wall' tsunami barrier from earthquake Debris — Last modified July 22, 2013 16:35
- In the spring of 2013, two years after the Great East Japan Earthquake, work has gotten underway to make use of earthquake and tsunami debris to build a natural seawall in the disaster area.
- Climate, crops and lacking data underlie regional disparities in the CO2 fertilization effect — Last modified July 22, 2013 16:17
- Climate, crops and lacking data underlie regional disparities in the CO2 fertilization effect
- North India stares at spectre of drought? — Last modified July 22, 2013 10:07
- Free Press Journal. Mumbai, 6 July 2013