INSAM News Collection
All the INSAM news
Grouped under “NEWS”, there first is "”, where you will find hot items of interest that have recently come up. Subsequently there is a section "News and Highlights" for which you can submit information on agrometeorological issues, happenings and other news in agrometeorology. [Send items you might have to the Web Editor.] Under "Meetings, Congresses, Conferences & Training" information is provided on such forthcoming events. This may include courses that are given annually and they should be announced annually. [Send items for inclusion to the Web Editor well in advance, as early as possible.] The "Call for papers" speaks for itself [Idem.] Under “Vacancies” you will find information on employment possibilities for agrometeorologists. [Again, send items for inclusion to the Web Editor well in advance, as early as possible.]
All the INSAM news
- Announcement: Next Generation Climate Data Products Workshop (USA) — Last modified April 11, 2013 14:15
- Next Generation Climate Data Products Workshop (NCAR-IMAGe Theme of the Year)
- Call for Papers: "Challenges in meteorology 3 - Extreme weather and impact on society" -Scientific-Professional Conference (Croatia) — Last modified April 09, 2013 09:12
- Scientific-professional conference with international participation"Challenges in meteorology 3 - Extreme weather and impact on society" in Zagreb (Croatia), 21-22 November 2013.
- 8th International Symposium Present Environment and Sustainable Development (Iaşi, ROMANIA, from May 31, 2013 08:00 to June 02, 2013 20:00) —
- Contemporary issues connected to Planet Earth and mankind existence requires the man – the rational element – to reconsider its position and behaviour within the terrestrial system, as well as a fast and more effective involvement in the restoration of some environmental balances and components. With this belief, we invite you to a broader interdisciplinary collaboration, with results that may be useful at regional and local levels.
- Vacancy: CAS-TWAS President’s Fellowship Programme for PhD Candidates from Developing Countries — Last modified March 31, 2013 11:06
- According to a new agreement between the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and the Academy of Sciences for the developing world (TWAS), up to 140 students/scholars per year from the developing world will be sponsored to travel to China for up to four years’ of PhD study and research.
- University Master's on Climate Change studies at the University Rovira i Virgili (Spain) — Last modified March 28, 2013 15:39
- The Center for Climate Change (C3, University Rovira iVirgili, Tortosa, Spain) and the Institute for Techno-Agroalimentary Research (IRTA-AQUATIC, Generalitat de Catalunya) are launching a new Master on Climate Change (MDCC) for the academic year 2013/2014.
- Vacancy: Postdoctoral Associate Position in Remote Sensing Applications in Agriculture — Last modified March 28, 2013 15:37
- Vacancy: Postdoctoral Associate Position in Remote Sensing Applications in Agriculture.
- Call for Papers: Interdisciplinary Conference of Young Earth System Scientists 2013 (Germany) — Last modified March 15, 2013 08:35
- Interdisciplinary Conference of Young Earth System Scientists 2013: Understanding and Interpreting Uncertainty. 22 - 25 September 2013, Hamburg, Germany. We are pleased to announce the Interdisciplinary Conference of Young Earth System Scientists 2013.
- NIAES, Tohoku University Jointly Develop World's First N2O Emission-Cutting Technology Using Microorganisms — Last modified March 01, 2013 09:20
- The National Institute for Agro-Environmental Sciences (NIAES) and Tohoku University, both in Japan, announced on November 12, 2012, that a research group has succeeded in producing Bradyrhizobium japonicum with increased nitrous oxide reductase (N2OR) activity and in demonstrating, both in the laboratory and in an outdoor field, that it can mitigate soil emissions of nitrous oxide (N2O), which is one of the causal substances of global warming and ozone depletion.
- Climate System Analysis Group (CSAG) Winter School 2013 Applications Open (South Africa) ( University of Cape Town, from July 01, 2013 09:00 to July 12, 2013 17:00) —
- The Climate System Analysis Group(CSAG) based at the University of Cape Town will be running its annual course, 'Winter School : Using climate information for adaptation and policy development', from 1-12 July 2013.
- Regional Adaptation Networks endorsed the Africa Adaptation Knowledge Network (AAKNet) as the continental network for Adaptation in Africa — Last modified February 14, 2013 13:16
- The pressing need for a " continental network for Adaptation in Africa " was the conclusion of the workshop entitled Africa Adaptation Knowledge Network (AAKNet) workshop: “Convening Adaptation Knowledge Networks and Platforms in Africa”.