INSAM News Collection
All the INSAM news
Grouped under “NEWS”, there first is "”, where you will find hot items of interest that have recently come up. Subsequently there is a section "News and Highlights" for which you can submit information on agrometeorological issues, happenings and other news in agrometeorology. [Send items you might have to the Web Editor.] Under "Meetings, Congresses, Conferences & Training" information is provided on such forthcoming events. This may include courses that are given annually and they should be announced annually. [Send items for inclusion to the Web Editor well in advance, as early as possible.] The "Call for papers" speaks for itself [Idem.] Under “Vacancies” you will find information on employment possibilities for agrometeorologists. [Again, send items for inclusion to the Web Editor well in advance, as early as possible.]
All the INSAM news
- MSc Climate Change and Policy scholarships available — Last modified January 15, 2014 15:25
- The University of Sussex invites applications for the MSc in 'Climate Change and Policy' for entry in September 2014. Scholarships are available and information is provided below.
- Timely New Online Course on Climate Change from Harvard — Last modified January 15, 2014 13:29
- This is to announce a new, fifteen-week, online course offered by the Harvard University Extension School, entitled, "Global Climate Change: The Science, Social Impact and Diplomacy of a World environmental Crisis."
- Announcement: DSSAT 2014 International Training Workshop at the University of Georgia-Griffin (USA) — Last modified December 23, 2013 09:13
- The DSSAT Foundation, in collaboration with Washington State University, the University of Florida, the International Fertilizer Development Center, the University of Georgia, and various other institutions, will host a Training Program on DSSAT entitled DSSAT 2013 - "Assessing Crop Production, Nutrient Management, Climatic Risk and Environmental Sustainability with Simulation Models" from May 19 through May 24, 2014 at the University of Georgia Campus in Griffin, Georgia, USA.
- Moving beyond benefit–cost analysis of climate change — Last modified December 23, 2013 09:00
- Jonathan Koomey 2013 Environ. Res. Lett. 8 041005 doi:10.1088/1748-9326/8/4/041005
- Call for Papers: "Land-climate interactions from models & observations: Implications from past to future climate" at EGU (Austria) — Last modified November 18, 2013 14:44
- Abstracts are invited for the session CL5.10 "Land-climate interactions from models and observations: Implications from past to future climate" for the EGU 2014 to be held in Vienna 27 April - 2 May 2014.
- Global warming sweetening apples, proves japanese research team — Last modified November 12, 2013 13:53
- Global warming makes apples sweeter, according to the results of a study released on August 20, 2013, by the Institute of Fruit Tree Science, which belongs to the National Agriculture and Food Research Organization (NARO), Japan.
- Call for Papers: 20th International Congress of Biometeorology (USA) — Last modified October 31, 2013 13:17
- CALL FOR PAPERS: 20th International Congress of Biometeorology, 28 September - 1 October 2014, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
- MODIS observes progressive development of air pollution crisis in China — Last modified October 31, 2013 13:13
- The NASA Giovanni data analysis system and Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (MODIS) aerosol optical depth data were used to observe the development of the recent air quality crisis in northern China.
- Call for applications: International Climate Protection Fellowships — Last modified October 28, 2013 09:53
- For young climate experts from transition and developing countries interested in conducting a project in Germany
- International Swiss Climate Summer School (Switzerland) (Grindelwald, Switzerland , from August 31, 2014 09:00 to September 05, 2014 17:00) —
- 13th International Swiss Climate Summer School: "Linking land use, land cover, and climate". 31 August – 5 September 2014, Grindelwald, Switzerland.