INSAM News Collection
All the INSAM news
Grouped under “NEWS”, there first is "”, where you will find hot items of interest that have recently come up. Subsequently there is a section "News and Highlights" for which you can submit information on agrometeorological issues, happenings and other news in agrometeorology. [Send items you might have to the Web Editor.] Under "Meetings, Congresses, Conferences & Training" information is provided on such forthcoming events. This may include courses that are given annually and they should be announced annually. [Send items for inclusion to the Web Editor well in advance, as early as possible.] The "Call for papers" speaks for itself [Idem.] Under “Vacancies” you will find information on employment possibilities for agrometeorologists. [Again, send items for inclusion to the Web Editor well in advance, as early as possible.]
All the INSAM news
- Climate Change Job Vacancies Update - 2 September 2015 — Last modified September 16, 2015 11:03
- Climate Change Job Vacancies Update - 2 September 2015
- Vacancy: Tenure-track Faculty Position at Oregon State University (USA) — Last modified September 16, 2015 10:58
- Tenure-track Assistant Professor with a focus on Natural Hazards, Oregon State University
- Vacancy: Tenure-track Faculty Position with the Art Institute of Chicago (USA) — Last modified September 16, 2015 10:28
- The Liberal Arts Department of the School of the Art Institute of Chicago seeks a scientist with a PhD to fill a full-time, tenured or tenure-track faculty position to begin Fall 2016.
- Global Precipitation Measurement (GPM) Is In Position to Watch Effects of 2015’s El Niño — Last modified September 16, 2015 10:25
- Global Precipitation Measurement (GPM) Is In Position to Watch Effects of 2015’s El Niño
- Vacancy: Associate or Full Professor Position at Brown University — Last modified September 16, 2015 10:17
- The Institute at Brown for Environment and Society jointly with the Department of Earth, Environmental and Planetary Sciences seek a leader in the field of Physical Hydrology.
- Vacancy: Project Manager Position at the UK Meteorological Office (UK) — Last modified September 16, 2015 10:15
- Vacancy: Project Manager Position at the UK Meteorological Office (UK)
- Announcement: Postdoctoral and Graduate studies Fellowships Competition — Last modified June 23, 2015 09:09
- We are pleased to provide you with information on competitions for the 2015-16 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships and Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships – Canada’s most prestigious and highest valued awards for postdoctoral researchers and doctoral students today.
- New in Journal Science: A Guidebook for Ecosystem Services — Last modified May 22, 2015 08:19
- A team of investors, development organizations, conservationists, economists, and ecologists have published in the journal Science six natural science principles to ensure success of Payments for Ecosystem Services, mechanisms that have helped preserve carbon stocks stored in Madagascar's rainforests, maintain wildlife populations important for tourism in Tanzania, and protect watersheds in France by working with local farmers.
- Modern irrigation systems boost carbon emissions — Last modified May 22, 2015 08:17
- As water scarcity increases in the Mediterranean, there is pressure on the agriculture industry to reduce water losses, improve efficiency and boost water productivity. In recent years, government-subsidized pressurized irrigation systems have replaced traditional low-efficiency surface irrigation schemes in many countries, in an attempt to minimize water losses and improve efficiency.
- Conservation buffers please the eye, protect the landscape — Last modified May 18, 2015 09:20
- Researchers know that adding natural buffers to the farm landscape can stop soil from vanishing. Now a scientist at Washington State University has found that more buffers are better, both for pleasing the eye and slowing erosion.