INSAM News Collection
All the INSAM news
Grouped under “NEWS”, there first is "”, where you will find hot items of interest that have recently come up. Subsequently there is a section "News and Highlights" for which you can submit information on agrometeorological issues, happenings and other news in agrometeorology. [Send items you might have to the Web Editor.] Under "Meetings, Congresses, Conferences & Training" information is provided on such forthcoming events. This may include courses that are given annually and they should be announced annually. [Send items for inclusion to the Web Editor well in advance, as early as possible.] The "Call for papers" speaks for itself [Idem.] Under “Vacancies” you will find information on employment possibilities for agrometeorologists. [Again, send items for inclusion to the Web Editor well in advance, as early as possible.]
All the INSAM news
- Panasonic develops artificial photosynthesis system to generate organic materials from carbon dioxide — Last modified October 24, 2012 09:21
- Panasonic Corp., a major Japanese consumer electronics manufacturer, announced on July 30, 2012, that it had developed an artificial photosynthesis system that is able to generate organic materials from carbon dioxide (CO2) and water by illumination with sunlight, similarly to the process that occurs in plants, with the world's highest solar energy conversion efficiency (mentioned as efficiency hereinafter).
- PhD position @MCC Berlin: evaluation of assessments, or ethics of global commons — Last modified June 04, 2012 11:19
- The Mercator Research Institute on Global Commons and Climate Change (MCC) is seeking a highly talented and motivated PhD student interested in working in an interdisciplinary environment that explores uncharted scientific and policy-related territory.
- FAO, IIASA Launch Global Agro-Ecological Zones Portal to Plan for Climate Change Impacts — Last modified June 01, 2012 13:55
- The Food and Agriculture Organization of the UN (FAO) and the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) have released a planning tool to help identify areas capable of contributing to increased food production while meeting the challenges posed by climate change and maintenance of a natural resource base.
- Winners of 2011 Environment-Friendly Farming Competition Announced — Last modified June 01, 2012 13:54
- The Promotion Committee for Environment-Friendly Farming in Japan announced on February 17, 2012, eight award winners for the environment-friendly farming competition in 2011. Showcasing excellent examples, the competition aims to stimulate consumer recognition and eventually popularize sustainable agricultural practices.
- Course on Tropical Rural Development (master university degree) — Last modified May 08, 2012 14:43
- University of Florence is very glad to present the course on Tropical Rural Development (master university degree).
- Fuji Electric releases solar power generating weed-control mats — Last modified March 28, 2012 14:33
- Fuji Electric Co., a Japanese manufacturer of electrical machinery and appliances, announced on December 1, 2011, the release of a power-generating weed-control mat, a photovoltaic system combined with a barrier mat for preventing weed growth.
- Dr. Mohammad Shamim awarded a "Best paper award" — Last modified January 20, 2012 10:45
- Dr. Mohammad Shamim, Scientist (Agricultural Meteorology) under the Programme of Cropping Systems and Resource Management of the Project Directorate for Farming Systems Research, Modipuram 250110, has been honored with the “Best Paper Award” at the 5th National Seminar on Agrometeorology, held at Bidhan Chander Krishi Vishwavidyalya (BCKV), Kalyani (Paschimbanga), India during 9-10 December, 2011.
- Forests in Southeast Asia, Deforestation Effects using New Model — Last modified January 10, 2012 14:29
- Japan's National Institute for Environmental Studies (NIES) on September 28, 2011, released the results of research on the carbon balance of tropical forests in Southeast Asia.
- Dr Surender Singh, researcher at Dept of AgroMeteorology CCS Haryana Agril University, have been honoured with Best Paper Award at 5th National Seminar on Agrometeorology — Last modified December 29, 2011 18:49
- Dr Surender Singh, researcher at Dept of AgroMeteorology CCS Haryana Agril University, have been honoured with Best Paper Award at 5th National Seminar on Agrometeorology.
- Cotton project aiming to support recovery of earthquake-stricken Tohoku area — Last modified December 21, 2011 12:47
- On July 14, 2011, the "Tohoku Cotton Project" was launched by agricultural production cooperatives and agricultural companies affected by the Great East Japan Earthquake, along with apparel companies, aiming at agriculture revitalization, job creation and development of new industries.