INSAM News Collection
All the INSAM news
Grouped under “NEWS”, there first is "”, where you will find hot items of interest that have recently come up. Subsequently there is a section "News and Highlights" for which you can submit information on agrometeorological issues, happenings and other news in agrometeorology. [Send items you might have to the Web Editor.] Under "Meetings, Congresses, Conferences & Training" information is provided on such forthcoming events. This may include courses that are given annually and they should be announced annually. [Send items for inclusion to the Web Editor well in advance, as early as possible.] The "Call for papers" speaks for itself [Idem.] Under “Vacancies” you will find information on employment possibilities for agrometeorologists. [Again, send items for inclusion to the Web Editor well in advance, as early as possible.]
All the INSAM news
- Kanazawa university draws connection between honeybee losses and neonicotinoidpesticides — Last modified August 20, 2013 14:42
- Prof. Toshiro Yamada of the School of Natural System, College of Science and Engineering, Kanazawa University, presented a study on September 2, 2012, that drew a close connection between neonicotinoid pesticides and the mass fatality of honeybees, called colony collapse disorder (CCD).
- Volunteers building 'Great forest wall' tsunami barrier from earthquake Debris — Last modified July 22, 2013 16:35
- In the spring of 2013, two years after the Great East Japan Earthquake, work has gotten underway to make use of earthquake and tsunami debris to build a natural seawall in the disaster area.
- Climate, crops and lacking data underlie regional disparities in the CO2 fertilization effect — Last modified July 22, 2013 16:17
- Climate, crops and lacking data underlie regional disparities in the CO2 fertilization effect
- North India stares at spectre of drought? — Last modified July 22, 2013 10:07
- Free Press Journal. Mumbai, 6 July 2013
- Observed and simulated precipitation responses in wet and dry regions 1850–2100 — Last modified July 22, 2013 10:05
- Global crop exposure to critical high temperatures in the reproductive period: historical trends and future projections — Last modified June 20, 2013 08:50
- Haron M Gourdji, Adam M Sibley and David B Lobell, 2013. Environmental Research Letters Volume 8 024041 doi:10.1088/1748-9326/8/2/024041
- A unifying view of climate change in the Sahel linking intra-seasonal, interannual and longer time scales — Last modified June 05, 2013 08:27
- A unifying view of climate change in the Sahel linking intra-seasonal, interannual and longer time scales
- World's first soil fertility index based on microbial health developed — Last modified May 22, 2013 08:42
- A research group led by Professor Motoki Kubo at the College of Life Sciences, Ritsumeikan University, announced on December 10, 2012, that they developed the world's first soil fertility index (SOFIX(R)) based on the assessment of soil biological characteristics.
- NIAES, Tohoku University Jointly Develop World's First N2O Emission-Cutting Technology Using Microorganisms — Last modified March 01, 2013 10:20
- The National Institute for Agro-Environmental Sciences (NIAES) and Tohoku University, both in Japan, announced on November 12, 2012, that a research group has succeeded in producing Bradyrhizobium japonicum with increased nitrous oxide reductase (N2OR) activity and in demonstrating, both in the laboratory and in an outdoor field, that it can mitigate soil emissions of nitrous oxide (N2O), which is one of the causal substances of global warming and ozone depletion.
- Regional Adaptation Networks endorsed the Africa Adaptation Knowledge Network (AAKNet) as the continental network for Adaptation in Africa — Last modified February 14, 2013 14:16
- The pressing need for a " continental network for Adaptation in Africa " was the conclusion of the workshop entitled Africa Adaptation Knowledge Network (AAKNet) workshop: “Convening Adaptation Knowledge Networks and Platforms in Africa”.