INSAM News Collection
All the INSAM news
Grouped under “NEWS”, there first is "”, where you will find hot items of interest that have recently come up. Subsequently there is a section "News and Highlights" for which you can submit information on agrometeorological issues, happenings and other news in agrometeorology. [Send items you might have to the Web Editor.] Under "Meetings, Congresses, Conferences & Training" information is provided on such forthcoming events. This may include courses that are given annually and they should be announced annually. [Send items for inclusion to the Web Editor well in advance, as early as possible.] The "Call for papers" speaks for itself [Idem.] Under “Vacancies” you will find information on employment possibilities for agrometeorologists. [Again, send items for inclusion to the Web Editor well in advance, as early as possible.]
All the INSAM news
- Whole farm quantification of GHG emissions within smallholder farms in developing countries — Last modified April 16, 2014 08:38
- Environmental Research Letters Volume 9 Number 3. Whole farm quantification of GHG emissions within smallholder farms in developing countries. Focus on Improving Quantification of Agricultural Greenhouse Gases.
- Influence of management and environment on Australian wheat: information for sustainable intensification and closing yield gaps — Last modified April 14, 2014 08:58
- Environmental Research Letters Volume 9 Number 4. Influence of management and environment on Australian wheat: information for sustainable intensification and closing yield gaps. By B A Bryan, D King and G Zhao.
- Japanese Researchers Develop Man-Made Leaves that Harvest Light — Last modified April 09, 2014 08:40
- The Tokyo Institute of Technology (Tokyo Tech) announced on January 9, 2014, success in developing man-made leaves to harvest light, jointly with Toyota Central R&D Labs. This success will lead to realization of artificial photosynthesis, with an efficiency of converting solar energy to chemical energy comparable to that of natural photosynthesis.
- Climate change adaptation in agriculture and natural resource management (Fellowship opportunity) — Last modified April 02, 2014 07:51
- Without appropriate responses, climate change is likely to constrain economic development and poverty reduction efforts. But if you plan for it, adaptation to climate change is possible. Well-designed strategies, based on climate-smart approaches, can offer ways out.
- Observed magnified runoff response to rainfall intensification under global warming — Last modified March 13, 2014 09:28
- Environmental Research Letters Volume 9 Number 3. Jr-Chuan Huang et al 2014 Environ. Res. Lett. 9 034008 doi:10.1088/1748-9326/9/3/034008. Observed magnified runoff response to rainfall intensification under global warming.
- A few extreme events dominate global interannual variability in gross primary production — Last modified March 07, 2014 12:53
- A few extreme events dominate global interannual variability in gross primary production.
- CO2 Monitoring of Tropical Peatlands Shows Disturbance Comes with Climate Price — Last modified February 25, 2014 14:09
- Hokkaido University announced November 21, 2013, the results of a long-term monitoring study of carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from tropical peatlands, the world's first such CO2-emission monitoring effort. It was a joint project by the Japan Science and Technology Agency, Japan International Cooperation Agency, and Indonesia's University of Palangka Raya.
- Japanese institute launches website to help us calculate, visualize carbon sinks in soil — Last modified January 22, 2014 07:51
- Japan's National Institute for Agro-Environmental Sciences (NIAES) announced on October 2, 2013, that it has developed and launched a website that helps visualize the amount of carbon dioxide (CO2) emission/removal from soil.
- Balancing energy and crop production through solar sharing — Last modified January 22, 2014 07:47
- The Solar Sharing Association began to operate the Solar Sharing Hayashi Power Station in November 2013 in Chiba City, Japan. Installing solar panels above farmland, the association is attempting to generate power while cultivating crops, and strives to promote solar sharing systems by holding study excursions and other activities.
- National contributions to observed global warming — Last modified January 16, 2014 09:33
- Environmental Research Letters Volume 9 Number 1. H Damon Matthews et al 2014 Environ. Res. Lett. 9 014010 doi:10.1088/1748-9326/9/1/014010. National contributions to observed global warming