INSAM News Collection
All the INSAM news
Grouped under “NEWS”, there first is "”, where you will find hot items of interest that have recently come up. Subsequently there is a section "News and Highlights" for which you can submit information on agrometeorological issues, happenings and other news in agrometeorology. [Send items you might have to the Web Editor.] Under "Meetings, Congresses, Conferences & Training" information is provided on such forthcoming events. This may include courses that are given annually and they should be announced annually. [Send items for inclusion to the Web Editor well in advance, as early as possible.] The "Call for papers" speaks for itself [Idem.] Under “Vacancies” you will find information on employment possibilities for agrometeorologists. [Again, send items for inclusion to the Web Editor well in advance, as early as possible.]
All the INSAM news
- Announcement: Save the date: International Conference "Our Common Future under Climate Change" (France) — Last modified July 21, 2014 09:36
- It's a great pleasure to send you the first announcement of the international climate scientific conference entitled "Our Common Future Under Climate Change" to be held in Paris in July 2015.
- Pest Control Method Using Sex Pheromone Developed to Keep Sugarcane from White Grubs — Last modified July 21, 2014 09:08
- The Japanese National Institute of Agrobiological Sciences (NIAS), the Okinawa Prefectural Agricultural Research Center, and Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., a Japanese manufacturer of plastic, silicon, and semiconductors, announced on February 20, 2014, that the new method they developed for sugarcane pest control showed successful results.
- Investigating afforestation and bioenergy CCS as climate change mitigation strategies — Last modified June 27, 2014 15:06
- Florian Humpenöder et al 2014 Environ. Res. Lett. 9 064029 doi:10.1088/1748-9326/9/6/064029
- Vacancy: PhD Position at the University of Zurich (Switzerland) — Last modified June 09, 2014 16:36
- Open PhD position in Integration of cross-scale effects using Earth observation (URPP-GCB-313-3)
- New renewable energy law to allow conversion of farmland in Japan to wind farmers — Last modified April 24, 2014 09:27
- Takumi Nemoto, Minister of Reconstruction, announced at a press conference on December 20, 2013, the government's intention to allow the conversion of agricultural land to wind farm use, based on the newly enacted Act on Promotion of Generating Renewable Energy Harmonized with Healthy Development of Agriculture, Forestry and Fishery.
- Whole farm quantification of GHG emissions within smallholder farms in developing countries — Last modified April 16, 2014 08:38
- Environmental Research Letters Volume 9 Number 3. Whole farm quantification of GHG emissions within smallholder farms in developing countries. Focus on Improving Quantification of Agricultural Greenhouse Gases.
- Influence of management and environment on Australian wheat: information for sustainable intensification and closing yield gaps — Last modified April 14, 2014 08:58
- Environmental Research Letters Volume 9 Number 4. Influence of management and environment on Australian wheat: information for sustainable intensification and closing yield gaps. By B A Bryan, D King and G Zhao.
- Japanese Researchers Develop Man-Made Leaves that Harvest Light — Last modified April 09, 2014 08:40
- The Tokyo Institute of Technology (Tokyo Tech) announced on January 9, 2014, success in developing man-made leaves to harvest light, jointly with Toyota Central R&D Labs. This success will lead to realization of artificial photosynthesis, with an efficiency of converting solar energy to chemical energy comparable to that of natural photosynthesis.
- Climate change adaptation in agriculture and natural resource management (Fellowship opportunity) — Last modified April 02, 2014 07:51
- Without appropriate responses, climate change is likely to constrain economic development and poverty reduction efforts. But if you plan for it, adaptation to climate change is possible. Well-designed strategies, based on climate-smart approaches, can offer ways out.
- Observed magnified runoff response to rainfall intensification under global warming — Last modified March 13, 2014 09:28
- Environmental Research Letters Volume 9 Number 3. Jr-Chuan Huang et al 2014 Environ. Res. Lett. 9 034008 doi:10.1088/1748-9326/9/3/034008. Observed magnified runoff response to rainfall intensification under global warming.