INSAM News Collection
All the INSAM news
Grouped under “NEWS”, there first is "”, where you will find hot items of interest that have recently come up. Subsequently there is a section "News and Highlights" for which you can submit information on agrometeorological issues, happenings and other news in agrometeorology. [Send items you might have to the Web Editor.] Under "Meetings, Congresses, Conferences & Training" information is provided on such forthcoming events. This may include courses that are given annually and they should be announced annually. [Send items for inclusion to the Web Editor well in advance, as early as possible.] The "Call for papers" speaks for itself [Idem.] Under “Vacancies” you will find information on employment possibilities for agrometeorologists. [Again, send items for inclusion to the Web Editor well in advance, as early as possible.]
All the INSAM news
- Open online course for India’s agri-professionals launched — Last modified September 29, 2014 13:17
- New Delhi, 6 September 2014. The Statesman
- Researchers find gene to help crops beat drought — Last modified September 29, 2014 10:21
- Researchers find gene to help crops beat drought
- Climate, Food and Farming Research Network Call for Proposals, 2014 — Last modified September 24, 2014 12:04
- Grants to support scientific training of PhD students from developing countries
- Let's Use Rainwater! Recent Trends in Rainwater Use in Japan — Last modified August 29, 2014 08:48
- In recent years, a growing number of municipalities in Japan have been making use of rainwater. Blessed with a large amount of rainfall compared to other countries, since the post-war urban development period Japan has tended to deal with this abundance by "disposing" of rainwater. Over the years, however, this thinking has gradually shifted toward taking advantage of rainwater as a natural resource. In this article, we will introduce the recent trends in rainwater use in Japan.
- Eco-consult Pacific now 5300 (and counting!) Pacific island specialist on our database — Last modified August 13, 2014 12:30
- ECO-CONSULT PACIFIC NOW HAVE MORE THAN 5300 (and counting!) PACIFIC ISLAND SPECIALISTS ON OUR DATABASE. WE ALSO HAVE AN EXTENSIVE NETWORK OF INDIVIDUALS AND ORGANISATIONS FROM WHERE WE CAN SOURCE EXPERTISE FOR CONSULTANCIES AND JOBS
- Vacancy: Postdoctoral Scientist at the Max Planck Institute for Meteorology (Germany) — Last modified August 13, 2014 12:08
- The Max Planck Institute for Meteorology (MPI-M), a multidisciplinary center for climate and Earth system research located in Hamburg, Germany, invites applications for a Postdoctoral Scientist in vegetation-climate interactions (m/f – Ref. 2014-14).
- International course on Managing risk in the face of climate change (fellowship opportunity) — Last modified August 13, 2014 11:56
- International course on Managing risk in the face of climate change (fellowship opportunity). 23 March – 03 April 2015
- Vacancy: Remote Sensing Specialist (CelsiusPro AG) — Last modified July 21, 2014 13:36
- CelsiusPro AG is a Zurich based technology company specialized in structuring, executing and settling index based insurance and derivative contracts (weather, livestock, yield and natural catastrophes). We provide risk management solutions and technology platforms for corporations, insurers, brokers, governmental agencies, industry bodies, cooperatives, agriculture companies to offer smart low cost products to clients in rural areas.
- Synthesis and Review: Advancing agricultural greenhouse gas quantification — Last modified July 21, 2014 10:49
- Environmental Research Letters. Environmental Research Letters Volume 9 Number 7. Lydia P Olander et al 2014 Environ. Res. Lett. 9 075003 doi:10.1088/1748-9326/9/7/075003.
- Announcement: Save the date: International Conference "Our Common Future under Climate Change" (France) — Last modified July 21, 2014 09:36
- It's a great pleasure to send you the first announcement of the international climate scientific conference entitled "Our Common Future Under Climate Change" to be held in Paris in July 2015.