INSAM Topics (and recent updates in it)
Under "Agromet Market Place", started April 2003, you can bring up issues in agrometeorology for public discussion and scrutinizing. We once started with two short stories on the "Scope of agricultural meteorology" and the "Importance of Agricultural Meteorology", but many issues followed since. Please contribute with comments on these or any other issues you deem important. Have a look at what we put under that heading so far!
Under “Online weather and climate information for agrometeorologists” we very recently started to give you access to NASA material that you might want to study and use.
The “”Hands on” Training for Response Farming” collection speaks for itself. If you have items for inclusion, send them to the president.
Under “Selected Bibliography”, since 2006 the Web Editor is collecting important recent publications in agrometeorology to assist you in staying informed in your fields of work.
Under "Agrometeorological Societies & Committees" we list such organizations, wherever they function, with contact persons and addresses. [Send proposals for entries to the Web Editor.]
Under "Working Groups in operation" we give information on Working Groups in Agrometeorology or related subjects, their actual subjects, their (short) history and their contact person(s) (and contact language), that are functioning anywhere in the world. [Send items for inclusion to the Web Editor.]
Under "Accounts of Operational Agrometeorology" we publish short accounts on successful operational applications and services in agrometeorology (public (e.g. NMHSs) and private), as well as on action support systems (data, research, policies, extension), that are suitable for further dissemination, or on publications that are holding such accounts. [Discuss items for this section with the president.]
Under "Needs for agrometeorological solutions to farming problems" we have discussions on problems for which operational solutions with agrometeorological components are highly required, but not yet or incompletely available, or available but not applied. Here pre-publication information may be exchanged and experiences swapped on possible services, research, training/extension and policies related to food security, on-farm and market related. [Discuss items for this section with the president.]
Under "History of Agrometeorology" we publish short accounts of the history of agrometeorology in countries, organizations (such as NMHSs), institutes (research as well as education), journals etc.. This may also be life and work of important agrometeorologists, history of important inventions/ instruments/equations/courses etc. in agrometeorology. [Discuss items for this section with the president.]
Under "Journals with agrometeorological components" we list scientific journals that publish papers on aspects of agrometeorology. [Send proposals for inclusion, with a description of agrometeorological components of these journals, to the president.]
Assisted by valuable searching of agrometeorologists from the countries concerned we have collected under “National periodicals of interest to agrometeorologists” valuable information on periodicals that will also appear in 2009 in an Appendix of the WMO/CAgM Guide to Agricultural Meteorological Practices (GAMP). [Additions for countries not yet occurring may be sent to the Web Editor.]
“Books in Agrometeorology” wants to signal new book publications, with or without a review or abstract of the contents. [Send items for inclusion to the Web Editor.]
Under “Draft 3rd Ed. GAMP (2007)” you find the double peer reviewed draft version of the WMO/CAgM Guide to Agricultural Meteorological Practices as produced between 2003 and 2007 by a large number (181) of contributors and reviewers under its Editor-in-Chief Kees Stigter.
Under "New information for agrometeorologists" we mention relevant new web sites (before they become only routine links), data bases, software, CDs, trends, issues and other information in agrometeorology [Send items for inclusion to the Web Editor.]
“Environment and Sustainability” is a recently opened topic that widens again our outlook.
“Software Tools useful in Agrometeorology” introduces you to helpful software available to agrometeorologists.
Under “All India crop situation” we supply on a weekly basis the advanced agrometeorological advisories information that is given for the whole of the country by the Indian Meteorological Department in Pune. Other countries may want to follow this example. [Send items for inclusion to the Web Editor.]
The “INSAM homepage texts from 2004 onwards” (also in Spanish and some in Farsi) reproduce the home pages that were written since 2004 by the president.
Under “Suggestions for further subjects in agrometeorology” that should have a section on this Web site, we want to list suggestions from members for discussion on their inclusion. The discussions could include priority setting in the development of agrometeorological services supporting action, agrometeorological action support systems on mitigating impacts of disasters, and their overall support systems (data, research, education/training/extension, policies) [Send proposals to the president.]
Under "Translation" ("Spanish translations") certain topics now also occur in Spanish (click on "Spanish"), largely provided by Dr. Roger E. Rivero Vega (Cuba). Ismabel Dominguez Hurtado (Cuba) also participates with a team. Other people may want to do this for other languages. [Please contact the president.]
All the recent updates
- Question: Do you use observations of sea surface temperature (SST) in your work? — Última modificación 04/05/2016 08:49
- We are developing new observed SST data sets as part of the European Space Agency (ESA) Climate Change Initiative (CCI) programme. Our project is now in its second three-year phase and it is time to update our analysis of user requirements to take into account developments in the many different areas in which observed SST data are used.
- INSAM home page abril 2016 — Última modificación 02/05/2016 13:29
- Spanish version of INSAM homepage. Translated by Ismabel Dominguez Hurtado, M.Sc.
- Announcement: The 2nd Class of the Giovanni Image Hall of Fame — Última modificación 29/04/2016 10:20
- The 2^nd Class of the Giovanni Image Hall of Fame
- Announcement: GRACE-Derived Drought Indicator Data Rods — Última modificación 29/04/2016 10:19
- How to make a GRACE-derived Drought Indicator Data Rods query
- Tea cultivation may shift to higher altitudes — Última modificación 15/04/2016 13:58
- Tea cultivation may shift to higher altitudes
- Call for Papers: International Conference on Regional Climate-CORDEX 2016 (Sweden) — Última modificación 15/04/2016 13:47
- This is an invitation to register for the ICRC-CORDEX 2016 Conference in Stockholm, May 17-20 2016.
- Maharashtra drought situation turns grim — Última modificación 04/04/2016 11:34
- Business Line. Mumbai, 03 April 2016
- Every drought is an opportunity’ — Última modificación 31/03/2016 10:15
- Free Press Journal. Mumbai, 30 March 2016
- Rains Bring Cheer to Darjeeling Tea Traders — Última modificación 31/03/2016 10:13
- The Economic Times. Kolkata, 30 March 2016
- Farmer grows rice with waste water from house — Última modificación 30/03/2016 08:46
- Deccan Chronicle. Hyderabad, 28 March 2016